Lafayette & New Iberia Business Law Attorneys
Louisiana Municipal Law/Government Relations Attorneys
Our Lafayette business law attorneys are proud to be your company’s legal team. We represent many businesses – both new and established – and have the experience necessary to handle the start-up, sale, and purchase of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. Whether you need help incorporating your business or managing daily operations and resolving disputes, we’re here for you. Standard Law has a high level of experience working with business clients on commercial real estate purchases. We even have an affiliate company, Standard Title, to help close real estate transactions.
Standard Law provides experienced counsel to businesses on a variety of issues including employment, succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, collections, and much more. We understand that our clients are constantly operating in an uncertain regulatory landscape that can make or break their business. Our business law attorneys in Lafayette and New Iberia have years of experience practicing commercial law which allows us to help clients navigate these difficult waters.
Common Issues In Business & Commercial Law
Not only do you need to establish and oversee a business, but there are also numerous laws that apply to businesses. Unfortunately, this may mean running into legal troubles or even being sued. No two businesses are alike, so therefore there is not a one size fits all solution for every business. However, a Lafayette business law attorney can help entrepreneurs with various business matters, such as:
Breach Of Contract
A contract is an agreement that gives businesses the assurance they need that their conditions will be met. A contract is legally binding between two or more people that clearly defines what each person’s responsibilities are. Breach of contract occurs when somebody doesn’t follow through on contractual duties, creating Consequently, the breaching party goes against what was agreed upon in the initial document.
Businesses dissolve every day. Sometimes, a dissolution is voluntary while other times, an adversarial dispute results in the dissolution of a business. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the dissolution of a business, it is always important to work with a business lawyer in New Iberia and Lafayette.
Business disputes can quickly become complicated and destructive to a company. If you are currently experiencing a business dispute, our business litigation lawyers in Lafayette and New Iberia can help you navigate the legal waters and help you obtain the best possible outcome for you and your business.
At Standard Law, we are dedicated to helping businesses of all sizes. When you come to us with a contract issue, we take the time to sit down and advise you on all your legal options and what steps need to be taken in order for your business to run smoothly.
Partnership disputes, while often unexpected, are more common than many people realize. A partnership dispute lawyer can help business owners resolve their issues expeditiously and with a minimal negative impact on the business. Without legal mediation, partnership disputes can end disastrously and often be the reason for the business’s demise.
Many business owners don’t consider the legalities of their company until it’s too late. A Lafayette business law attorney can help avoid these costly mistakes and form your business in a way that works best for you. An experienced lawyer will take into account the specific needs of your business and make sure they’re met, so you and your company are protected from any legal trouble down the line. We work with clients to establish various types of business entities, including:
- Subchapter C corporation
- Subchapter S corporation
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- Partnership (general, limited)
- Joint venture
Intellectual Property Protection
Whether your business is looking to establish a presence in the marketplace or needs to protect its confidential business information, it is essential to have proper legal representation. Our firm provides advice and guidance to clients on a wide range of intellectual property (IP) matters, including:
- Copyrights — We help our clients keep their copyrighted material safe. We register copyrights and send cease-and-desist letters when needed. If someone infringes on a client’s copyright, we’re not afraid to take them to court.
- Trademarks — Our legal team conducts searches of the U.S. patent office trademark database (TESS) to verify that a trademark is not in use and assists clients with trademark registration. In the event of trademark infringement, we are fully prepared to litigate.
- Trade secrets — At Standard Law, we aid clients in keeping their business information private. We do this by formulating confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements to prevent the misappropriation of trade secrets by employees, vendors, strategic partners, or competitors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does A Business & Commercial Law Attorney Do?
Though you as a business owner are the expert in your field, many legal matters can still be outside of your area of expertise. This is where having a Lafayette business law attorney comes in handy. A good lawyer will have the knowledge and experience to help you with problems including:
- Negotiating transactions, contracts, and settlements for the business owner
- Ensuring all business strategies, actions, and processes comply with local, state, and federal law
- By conducting thorough research of local law and presenting solid evidence, lawyers help to resolve legal disputes
- Helping businesses prevent, navigate, and resolve complicated legal issues
- While managing multiple legal issues, it is important to pay careful attention to the deadlines associated with each individual issue
- Working on legal documents, talking to business owners, and updating them regularly on issue statuses
- Researching a company’s procedures and watching for any possible legal problems that could come up from them
- Advising and helping business owners when they establish the policies, structure, objectives, and procedures for the enterprise
- Advising business owners on laws relevant to their company and ensuring they are in compliance
Many people mistakenly think that only large businesses need a business or commercial law attorney, but this isn’t always the case. All business owners put something at risk during a legal dispute because the consequences are always severe. As a result, anyone who owns a company should consult with a business law attorney to help them resolve any issues they may have in their business.
What Issues Can Impact A Small Business?
A thriving business is more than meets the eye. In addition to selling a product or service people are willing to pay for, it’s crucial to follow local, state, and federal regulations; if not, you risk receiving heavy penalties or having your business shut down altogether. Our Lafayette business law attorneys can assist you with:
- Business formation
- Employment law issues
- Administrative Regulations
Having a reputable business law attorney in Lafayette on your team is crucial for the success of any business. You, as the owner, lay out the plans and goals for your company; it’s up to your legal department to help you achieve those milestones both efficiently and legally.
Contact Our Lafayette Business Law Attorneys Today
At Standard Law, we want to help you resolve your legal business disputes as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our Lafayette business law attorneys are experienced in a wide range of areas, so you can rest assured that we will be able to advise you on the best course of action for your particular situation. Call our office today to schedule a consultation and get started on resolving your legal issues.